Sunday, August 21, 2011

Andrew Wyeth

My mother wrote to me in a book once to never give up on my dreams, never give up on my art.  The book was an Andrew Wyeth art book entitled "The Helga Pictures."

I don't remember at the time what I thought about the book or the art content.  I was too young and immature to appreciate still life or even portraits.  Now, of course when I look at these paintings I am blown away at their beauty, the brush strokes, the strands of hair, the lighting, it is so magical.

This book is such a cherished item of mine.  It is the only art book I ever remember getting from my mom.  In the pages scattered through the book she has written many things to me here & there.  Occasionally, she underlined text in the book.

I don't know how it is possible to be drawn to such a place so strongly over & over.  I could spend the rest of every moment of my life in Maine and never regret it.


The house in Maine, Andrew Wyeth


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain