Sunday, February 5, 2012

Artist Beverley Ashe

And on with the painting! This is the kind of art I never had to try to like, or even look back twice. I loved it from first glance.

I've had the work of this painter in my favorites for years now. I see she has had no shows in 2011 though, and there is not as much work displayed on her website.

Still, there are a few impressions that knock me in the face right away. Even though I love this work and like to look at it, there is something undeniably disturbing about the content.

The artist has chosen to place this quote on her website....I think it explains it all!

"If all this is really a dream, then I might as well spend it trying to look at what scares me.....instead of running away." ~Pema Chodron








www.beverleyashe.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain