Sunday, December 30, 2012

A time for painting

As 2012 draws to a close, I am finishing the year off with the start of a new painting series focusing on octopi. I would say the first image for an octopus painting came to me I believe back in 2009 when I was in CRNA school. I've been waiting since then to create him/her, but it has taken all the way until now.

Here is the first....I call him "Octopus # 1" and he is 39.5 by 35.5 inches. Consisting of a mixture of acrylic & oil paints on wood.


Here are some detail shots....







Next I chose a completely different color palette from how I usually paint and I'm glad I did. I think this one came out great. I love the shimmer of the silver.

"Octopus # 2" 24 by 24 inches, acrylic on birch




Next for "Octopus # 3" I chose pinks & some peach. My favorite things about this one are the background and composition.

"Octopus # 3" 24 by 24 inches, acrylic on birch




And finally here is a picture of me working in my studio art room!


shannonmurrayart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain