Thursday, February 28, 2013

Cyanotypes & Gum Bichromates

I was really excited today when I used up old cyanotype printing solution from 2007 and to my surprise the images still came out fairly nicely. Cyanotypes are very forgiving as far as the process goes, and especially for me since I never few the cyanotype print as a finished product in and of itself. I see it now as ready for me to paint in it with watercolor, ink, or paint. We will see where these go....I think I would like to do an entire series on Cumberland Island involving cyanotypes.





After the cyanotypes I attempted a new process called Gum Bichromate. After much research, reading, and note taking I was successful with the first two prints, but with additional printing in black ink the second time around I lost the image. Since ending up with one image with multiple colors requires a multitude of exposures of the same image with proper registration of your negative each time, this can be a bit tricky. I think I know what I did wrong this time and plan on attempting again this coming Thursday when we are supposed to have no rain and plenty of sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain