Saturday, March 2, 2013

Down House- Houston/Heights

Was driving by this place on Yale and decided to stop in.  I was pleasantly surprised when I walked in by the overall feel of the place.  Love the mix matched furniture and the couches that serve as seating for some of the tables.

Also, there is outdoor seating available with outdoor heaters and lighting stringed across the patio.  The bar inside is beautiful and I love that they used mirrors behind all the liquor bottles.

I was greeted nicely by the hostess, and my waiter came quickly to take my drink order.  They were accommodating when I asked for salad as a substitute for fries with my meal.

What I was most  blown away by was the menu.  The first page of the menu is an entire page letter from the owner "chris" in which he explains their philosophy.  I really enjoyed reading it and appreciated the passion that was communicated.

Next, I just adored the way they did their drink menu.  So creative with all  the comments!  Also, the way they bring you the check in an old used book is just adorable.

The other thing you will notice is the interesting decorating style.  I love it.  There is an old periodic table on one wall that I really likes.  They also bolted an old wire basket to one wall to hold all the rolled silverware.  Love it.  There is a sense of "repurposed" materials here that is nice.

The tea was great & the food was high quality and delicious.

Will be back!

P.S. my favorite thing about the whole place is the front door.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain