Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Welcoming Gifts

I've been away too long! As many of you know we just made the biggest move of our lives across the country from Houston, Texas all the way to Spokane, Washington.  I've had no access to a "real" computer other than my phone/Ipad for months. In fact, yesterday was my first time sitting down in front of a "real" computer (my computer) since we left Houston on September 27th! (More of the MOVE later).

I've been busy getting settled, and one of the things I wanted to do is bake some yummy pastries and give to my neighbors.  I know, I know the conventional thing to do would be wait for them to come by and say hello, but I want to get a head start and put my best foot forward.  We did have one neighbor bake us some yummy pineapple muffins and bring them by a few weeks ago, and two days ago we went by her house and met her family.

Today I made some great scones with three bags of scone mix my awesome sister and brother in law bought at a Christmas fair we all went to last week. 

SO, I decided to make all three flavors, neatly place into little bags with labels and then wrap in Christmas tissue paper.

I'm personally not a big fan of scones, but I must admit these were pretty damn good.  I think the most interesting were the Key Lime flavored ones.  My favorite was the Rum Raisin.

Lastly, after wrapping in tissue paper and a tie with red yarn, someone (Etsy buyer-who also has an Etsy shop) mailed me samples of the "Thank you" cards her client used my photography in...and in addition to mailing me samples of those cards she was also so KIND to send me some very CUTE samples of her work! I love it.  They are RECIPE Cards on really NICE paper.  I wrote Patrick and mine (contact info.) on the back of these cards so my neighbors can get a hold of us if need be.  SO NICE! :)

Look how cute those recipe cards are! "Carrot Top Pesto," "Cider Applesauce," "Tomato Sauce." Love it.  If you would like to see her shop on Etsy (her name is Sara)- HERE IT IS!:

S2StationeryDesign

And here are the "Thank You" cards that she designed using one of my landscape photographs of Lake George in the Adirondacks.

~Shannon




No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain