Thursday, January 13, 2011

Animal Therapy

So one of the first things I noticed at my new clinical rotation this month is that everyday as I walk from my car in the parking garage to the OR, there is a hallway I have to walk down that has these really great photos.  The photos happen to be of all  these different animals that volunteers bring to the hospital to see patients.

These photos are really moving because of the facial expressions of the patients.  There are several articles I have come across about the healing and positive nature of these interactions between animals and humans.
Resource website here.


So I was very surprised one day when I walked out of the OR and into a public hallway when I saw at least 10 to 15 different breeds of dogs all on leashes in the hallway!  I had to do a double-take because I am certainly not used to seeing animals in the hospital!

Two pomeranians caught my eye and I suddenly realized I was standing in the middle of the hallway like everyone else frozen staring at these little cute & well behaved creatures.

I managed to catch a photo before they were off to greet the patients.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain