Sunday, April 15, 2012

Providenciales, Turks and Caicos

I know, I know...I have not yet posted pictures and stories from our recent trip to Cumberland Island, Georgia for my 30th birthday, but I've been waiting on processing of all my film. I just got the prints back a few days ago and I am still organizing it all in my head. It's hard to believe I have actually set foot down in Georgia twice in the last few weeks. And in another few weeks we will be going to New Orleans for one of my best friends 30th birthday! I am already in the mood for New Orleans and have been listening to Howlin Wolf- Smokestack Lightning.

We are on our 10 yr wedding anniversary trip in Turks & Caicos! It seems like an unlikely choice for us (tropical island), but we wanted something new & different, and something that suited the kind of celebration we are trying to have--> just relaxing and celebrating us. :)

This is different than our typical trip which usually involves adventure & national parks. Although, there are two national parks here in Providenciales aka "Provo." They are hard for me to resist.



The water here is just mesmerizing, and Turks & Caicos in general is known for having the best water in the West Indies. I still repeatedly look out over the water and am baffled at the color. I've never seen anything like this.


At dinner we sat outside at a table overlooking the water. Gas fed fires and torches burned nearby with palm trees swaying above. They had ice tea and sweet-n-low which made me very, very happy. A local stray cat found us and I fed him my left over red snapper. On each of our trips I always have at least one encounter with a stray cat (even on top of a large hill in New Foundland in a cemetery!)

You can see "Pirate" here licking his chops and becoming quite full with all the red snapper and shrimp I'm giving him. :)


My favorite part so far is that our room has a large patio that overlooks the water. We leave the sliding glass doors open and listen to the ocean as we fall to sleep. There is also a view of the water from our bathtub :) We just got back from the heated pool & hot tub now. At night it is blissful. There is no one else out.


1 comment:

  1. Man I love these pictures and your descriptions make me ache with longing to be with nature.

    Also, that picture of "Pirate" is interesting because there's a stain on the wooden floorboard next to him that looks like a cat's face!

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain