Tuesday, April 17, 2012

habanero & chocolate truffles- turks & caicos

Have you ever had habanero peppers & chocolate truffles? Patrick & I can successfully say we have (although I'll never do it again!). There was a cocktail hour hosted by the staff of the resort we are staying at here in Turks & Caicos (Grace Bay Club). There are beautiful outdoor lounging areas all carefully designed to stagger just perfectly so that no matter where you sit you have a beautiful view of the sunset over the water with a fire burning right in front of you. Island style lighting sways over you, with a bar nearby you can walk up and order anything you'd like courtesy of the management. I tried their "Punch with a Crunch" cocktail. Periodically the staff bring you tastings of various tapas: grapes & cheese or beef tartar. Occaisionally, a management level staff approaches, introduces themselves, and starts asking how we have liked our stay so far. There was one lady in particular I liked a lot or felt drawn to in some way. A large, dark skinned lady, smiling ear to ear and talking to us with her native accent about the local weather patterns. As she talks I try to appear pleasent and pay attention, but really I'm just picking up on some sort of energy of hers, and I'm also thinking about how wonderful it must be to live here and wake up everyday and look out over this majestic water. It's not just the looks of the water either, but the sound...I think it's really the sound that has me mesmerized.


At dinner I had grilled lobster, and Patrick had chicken. For dessert I wasn't paying much attention to what I was ordering, so I was slightly surprised when out came what you see in the picture below. If you look closely you will see there is a habanero pepper on the left side of the picture.


I tried a small piece of the habanero pepper and quickly went through a range of emotions and bodily sensations. Let's just say I ended up having to leave the table early and return to the hotel room. I won't be trying that again! LOL.


The view from the dining areas here at the resort are wonderful. There's nothing like sitting down for dinner under candlelight and looking out over this beautiful water.


Earlier in the day, we lounged by the beach and then the pool. After I had a few drinks I fell asleep on the lounging chair listening to the ocean. Then we went to the spa for our first ever couples massage which happened to be Patrick's first professional massage ever! Now, I have him hooked. :)




1 comment:

  1. Love your descriptions. You really know how to paint a picture =D (see what I did there? hehe)

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain