Saturday, June 30, 2012

It's not often

that I post something regarding the "making" of any of my work. To me it's just all so revealing. But below is a photo of part of my process for one of my paintings. I've been thinking about the meaning and purpose of the masks I use in my work...and even the purpose of masks in general throughout history.

Is it always to hide something? Or is it to emphasize something else? Is it to play a game? Play the role of someone or something else? A sprirt? Is it to be anonymous? To be nothing at all?


2 comments:

  1. Wow. I'm still amazed by how uninhibited you can be. As someone who is incredibly private - with my body, my inner thoughts, my demons, etc. - it just amazes me how you fearlessly bare yourself, body and soul.

    It's strange really, not you, but my reaction to you. I admire you, but also don't envy you, because I prefer my private life to be private.

    Just thought i'd share that.

    p.s. - on a side note, you still got it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm getting the comments :) Are you getting this reply?

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain